So, What Exactly is the Starbucking Blog?
The Starbucking blog is a collection of my daily observations and musings on mankind, womankind, childkind, and any other kind that come and go through the Starbucks coffee shops that I frequent. Which I frequently do.
What are Starbuckers?
Starbuckers are Starbucks customers that I’ve written about in this blog (because they’re just so dang interesting).
What are Starbuckeroos?
Starbuckeroos are “the regulars”—the ones I’ve come to know fairly well since they too frequent Starbucks.
Starbucking is observing and blogging about Starbuckers. Starbucking is both self-serving and serving others, as I see it.
- Self-serving—It helps me as a mensch, because Starbucking reminds me to pull my gaze away from my laptop occasionally and interact with, or at least notice, others. Yes, I need help with this. People are nice, but there is no “control-alt-delete” command to reboot or force-quit those that I find annoying. So interacting with my laptop PC is often preferable.
- Giving—Because I’m learning a lot about our species from these observations and encounters with other Starbuckers, I figure that, by sharing, perhaps you, too, can grow in your understanding of humanity. Or at least have a smile and maybe even a laugh or two.
Nothing wrong with being a Starbucker
Yes, I’m a Starbucker, neither proud nor ashamed of it. For me, Starbucks is a practicality; it’s my second office. I’m a writer with a home office, but home is full of distractions. So, whenever I need to concentrate on a story or a client assignment, and I want to do so without the distractions of my home, I go to Starbucks where I only have the distractions of humanity. That works for me, most of the time.
And, yes, I like the coffee. Get over it.
To my fellow Starbuckeroos
If you are a Starbuckeroo too, you no doubt have your own observations worth sharing from camping out at your favorite Starbucks or other favorite coffee shop. Cool. I welcome your thoughts and observations. Unless they really suck. 😉
More by Richard Moxley:
- http://www.menofgray.com — a blog on screenwriting, directing, and the chronicling of the in-progress making of a feature film Flight of the Ibis
- Voice Tie Bows — A collection of humorous and odd typographical errors created by voice recognition software
- WriteWorks Agency — A writing and editing services site, which includes articles on grammar, writing, and famous quotations.
Copyright 2009, 2010, 2011 Richard Moxley